It's the time of year when everyone can kind of take their heating system for granted.
Should your heating unit somehow fail, there are a few things you can check before calling for help (things that might save you a service call fee):
- Check to see if the switch on the side of the furnace was accidentally turned off.
- Make sure the electrical breaker is ON and not tripped.
- Make sure there is not a problem with the gas service coming into the house.
- Make sure the return air filter is clean! * This is a big one - we have run more service calls because of it.
- Check the flue cap for obstructions; bird nests, snow build up, etc…